Outline of Anthropogenic Global Warming.
also known as
Man-Induced Global Warming.
An AGW theory can have these steps:
1) The temperature T of Earth has increased since 1950.
2) T is increasing because the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere has been increasing since 1950.
3) The increase of CO2 results (more than 90%) from burning of carbon-based fuels.
4) As CO2 continues to increase, T will continue to increase and a myriad of bad events will occur and no good will come of this.
5) "Man," collectively can stop the increase of CO2, thus stopping the increase of Earth's Temperature.
6) The harm done by stopping the increase of CO2 is negligible compared to the harm avoided.
Brief Arguments countering those steps.
This page is a child of
Epistemology of Global Warming